Welcome to Larkin Hoffman’s new series of podcasts discussing issues affected by the COVID-19 crisis. Our senior attorneys will address corporate, employment, real estate, construction, franchise, bankruptcy, insurance, litigation, and other matters in this series. The podcasts are 15 minutes long and can be heard at your convenience. Over the next few weeks, there will be several podcasts on developing matters.
In this first podcast, Bill Griffith and Tim Rye discuss land use and real estate issues affected by the pandemic. In particular, they address:
- The pandemic’s impact on value for property taxes
- The timing of property tax payments, appeals and extensions
- The timing for potential tax relief due to value changes or appeals
- Economic stimulus – Minnesota Essential Investment Bill
- Low interest loans, government guarantees, bonds, debt restructuring
- Other forms of relief, such as utility payments, payroll reimbursement
Everyone is managing issues arising from COVID-19. Larkin Hoffman attorneys are engaged daily with clients to remove barriers critical to their ongoing operations, and perhaps even their survival.